Free and Open Access to
Public Finance Data and Analysis
How did Sri Lanka Finance Government Expenditure in 2022?

Total government expenditure for the year 2022 amounted to LKR 4,472 billion. Out of which total revenue and grants could only cover 45% of spending while the remaining 55% was financed via borrowings. The infographic below provides a breakdown of government finances for the year 2022.

What's the credit limit approved by the Parliament for 2022?
Sonali Wijeratne
16 May 2023
Deficit spending is a worldwide issue, but the percent of this piece of the pie in Sri Lanka is astronomical. Government servants (largest employee group) not paying taxes is a major issue.
Dilu de Alwis
09 Jun 2023
Post a Comment